Trades Kirk 250th Anniversary Event

On Sunday 2nd June a service took place to commemorate the 250th Anniversary of the completion of St Andrew’s Parish Church, the Trades Kirk in 1774. It remains today one of Dundee’s few 18th century buildings still in existence.

To honour the occasion, there was a Nine Trades procession. The sun shone as members of The Nine Incorporated Trades of Dundee processed from the High School of Dundee led by a piper to the Church with the Service beginning at 11.00 am. The Deacon Convener, The Lord Provost, the Deacon of the Three and the Lord Dean of Guild will led the procession to the Church followed by the Deacons and Past Deacon Convenors. Many thanks to everyone who attended the celebration. Readings were given by Deacon Convenor Ray Edwards. Members gathered afterwards for tea and special birthday cupcakes baked by some of the parish.